Monday, August 25, 2008

In search of characters

Attention all readers:

I'm currently attempting to develop a display that features books which are written about characters from other books. I'm thinking along the lines of minor characters who are given a featuring role, but if you've got a good prequel or sequel, let me have it, too. Here's what I have so far.

The Wide Sargasso Sea, Jean Rhys - About the first Mrs. Rochester (Jane Eyre).
The Penelopiad, Margaret Atwood - Features Penelope from the Odyssey.
The Lives and Loves of Becky Thatcher, Lenore Hart - from Tom Sawyer.
Rhett Butler's People, Donald McCraig - if you don't know this one, then I don't give a damn.
Before Green Gables, Budge Wilson - Anne's adventures before being adopted.
Scarlett, Alexandria Ripley - The (in my opinion, less spirited) sequel to Gone with the Wind.
Greg Maguire's books, Wicked, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, and Mirror Mirror.
Lamb, Christopher Moore - A humorous look at the parts of Jesus' life the bible skips.
The Jane Austen Mysteries, and the many, many sequals out there to her works.
The Thursday Next novels, Jasper Fforde - if you haven't read these, they're a riot.

Got one for me? Please share!

No comments: